The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Tarpon
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else considered just having a "trade" so we can all back up our corals? If my tank crashes I have nothing......but if I backed my corals with a few other people....then i can ask for a frag to start my coral colony back up. I obviously dont have much in my tank to bank......but I was just curious if anyone else had considered something like this with the club.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Not sure about the club, but we've been banking our corals with various reefers for years... It definitely has a pay-off !

·
seawolf
543 Posts
I'd definately be interested in doing this. Most of my sps are pretty small, frag to mini colonies. But I have read about other reefers doing this. It definately works out for everyone involved.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Not sure about the club, but we've been banking our corals with various reefers for years... It definitely has a pay-off !
+1, this is definitely a good idea! we just have to worry about sharing Red bugs and AEFW.

·
Registered
941 Posts
+1, this is definitely a good idea! we just have to worry about sharing Red bugs and AEFW.

Not if you dip and qt all corals:) I know it is a pain but very well worth it!!! Trust me we learned our lesson years ago
There are several people in the club who dip everything they buy

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
To my understanding, the only "dip" that will kill red bugs is interceptor.

·
Registered
941 Posts
To my understanding, the only "dip" that will kill red bugs is interceptor.

Correct from what I remember. Some people will put corals in a bucket with interceptor and a powerhead for a day and than put them in a QT to make sure they killed them all.
AEFW is a comppletely different story, thay can be VERY hard to get rid of....

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Correct from what I remember. Some people will put corals in a bucket with interceptor and a powerhead for a day and than put them in a QT to make sure they killed them all.
AEFW is a comppletely different story, thay can be VERY hard to get rid of....

:thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts