The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aren't Copperband butterflies supposed to be reef friendly? I researched them before picking one up over the weekend and while it has left the corals alone, it has been harassing my crocea and squamosa clams for the past 2 days. I have friends who have kept CBB's with clams without any problems. Anyone have any insight?
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Plus the defintion of reef safe is rather broad. Reef safe as in corals, inverts, and shrimp. Many times some but not all!

Copperbands definitly have an appetite for feather dusters. Some have an appetite for clam mantles or fleshy coral as well.

There is a section here dealing with these in particular under reef safe fish....here is a link for this particular fish!

Also many think small angels are reef safe when it seems ~ 1/2 of all us with them have had problems w/ them nipping corals while the other half have had no problems.

http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69427

·
Administrator
46,888 Posts
Unfortunatly Copperbands don't read the book, you need to get a few aptasia rocks for them to feed on ;
They have that needle nose for foraging stuff in nooks and crannies, sometimes they annoy whatever they are picking stuff off of :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts