The Reef Tank banner

coolest most delayed hitchhikers ever!!!

903 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Mr. Fishy Man 
#1 ·
So tonight I go to look at my tank & notice that I have an extreme amount of pods in the refugium. Nothing that really surprised me because I added pods maybe 5 months ago. But it is weird because I thought that had all disappeared, also this explains why my dragonet has stopped being so happy when I feed her pellets like she use to be. But thats not the reason I got so excited. As I'm looking at the refugium part of my sump I notice on the side I call the garbage pit(the side of my tank where all the crud from my main get deposited into) that there are little white things. I thought somehow from me drilling some PVC that maybe some pieces got in some how. Then I realized what I had.....coco worms. Little red crowned white bodied coco worms living in the grossest area in my whole system. This shocked me & immediately I started try to hatch a plan to rescue them as I looked around my garbage pit between the baffles to figure a way to save these little guys I notice in the far back corner more coco worms bigger coco worms. All of which are out with there crowns flowing & looking mighty strong. So I used a siphon & got the little ones that weren't attached out of the gunk on the floor on my sump & left the big ones to grow into majestic beasts. Only dilemma I have now is how long can a coco worm be out of water for because when I do my water changes I suck all the water out of my garbage pit to clean it up? Sorry my post was long winded & probably full of grammatical errors. Here is a picture of the little guys before I pulled them out.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Neat find! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.