The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to show how powerful and effective an eductor is, 3/4 size. I am using a Reeflo 3600 GPH return pump, which has low head pressure, it still creates a vortex about 2 inches under water surface every couple of minutes. I have two eductors at the outer corners and 2 penductors in the center, I notice the eductors create the most water movement in the tank as well. That's it, hope everyone had a good weekend.

Attachments

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
Nice! So if the air bubbles you're getting from time to time bother you...probably gonna have to set them deeper in the tank.

I put two (one on each side) in my tank and it's dang-near a tornado in my tank. Eductors are AMAZING!!!

my CLS had 4 3/4" outputs, and was pushed by a Gen-X PCX 70. I was getting okay flow. But then I bought two eductors, and put them on, and I now have flow that rivals my hot tub!!! heheheh

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Every once in a while it'll grab a little air and I'll get big bubbles, but not enough to notice and they are gone quick. Very cool invention. The 3/4" penductors are maybe 3/4 the power of the eductors. I have them in the center pointed at a 55 degree angle towards the front corners. They work well hand in hand together and really spread the food and marine snow around the tank when I feed.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,266 Posts
Looks like a search for homemade eductors is in order. Are these just plastic venturis that increase flow by a flow restriction..sort of like the venturis in your carburator.

I read something about this on TRT at one time, but forgot and this might be perfect to top off the CLS that just needs a pump. I am worried my pipe diameter I started with is too little since my 29 system grew into my 55.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts