The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
LPS FREAK
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Added a sailfin tang today looks very good not all stressed swimming around the tank like its his. Must be an intimidating fish because the rest of them definatly clear the path for him when he extends his fins!

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
Good to hear going well thus far and your excited !

Just word for the wise:

If you have other fish, adding a tang is never a good idea without quarantine procedure. While Sailfin may not be quite a prone to ich as some tangs it's still a risk to infect your other livestock without quarantine procedure in place. Regardless if Mailorder or LFS, holding tanks and the amount of fish that go through them, you can spread disease to your tank with ease.

Be sure to also have a plan in place to get the fish out if does become a problem either disease or behavioral towards others. There are plans out there to make some good fish traps and I would practive with it before the need arises. Providing it's eating good, I can catch any fish in my tank in a matter of minutes with my fish trap which is good to know in an emergency....

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
Freshfish I thought you had a 30 gallon?

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
Sorry had confused with something else. I am not one to talk putting a 3 foot moray two 5-8 inch triggers and a 6 inch grouper in a 125. Freshfish I still got your urchin sorry I forgot to get ib touch with you, night shifys make me a zombie. I am sorry if you thought I was razzing ya Chad there was someone that was just talikng to me about their new 30 gallon and I had just talked to you too about the urchin so thats where the confusion set in.

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
Congrats on your fish by the way. I have always like the Sailfins

1 - 10 of 10 Posts