The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been cooking my LR for 8 weeks now. There is absolutely no detritus coming out. My question is I would like to add some more LR to my tank. The LR that is cooking has Phosphates that are at .5 ppm. It doesn't feel like there is any slime on the LR, so could I add a few pieces to the tank?

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
Just continue with your waterchanges for a little longer (biweekly till you get the PO4 down). You can also elevate the temperature (86-88* would be good) in the cooking container to speed up the process as well.

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
No, you need to know when the levels drop. Just keep on doing the waterchanges, that way you will know when it is done :)

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
:) Patience is a virtue during this process. It pays big dividends in the end :)

Like I stated earlier, if you want to speed it up a bit, increase the temperature in the tank as that will send the metabolism of the bacteria into overdrive :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great I'll have to pick up another heater. I have one more question. I've been using RO/DI for WC's. Can I use tap water for my WC's so I don't deplete my DI media?

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
No... keep up the RODI waterchanges, otherwise it will be like taking 5-6 steps back..

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
no problem :) Good luck and congrats on doing it right :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts