The Reef Tank banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just fried a timer after Whiskey's word to the idiots that I read this week, I had a similar situation. Anyway, I am looking for a controller. Anybody have any suggestions on good deals and good equipment?

Rob

·
Registered
290 Posts
APFish said:
Hey guys just fried a timer after Whiskey's word to the idiots that I read this week, I had a similar situation. Anyway, I am looking for a controller. Anybody have any suggestions on good deals and good equipment?

Rob
Yes... AC III.... best price, best features for the money.... and I would get it at reeftanksupply.com .... tell them you were referred by me and you'll get the best price on the net ;)

I have it myself...and the web server feature is sweet... you can control your tank, observe it through the internet...wirelessly...thumbs up for the ACIII for SURE!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was hoping not to spend a thousand dollars on this thing, but the junior I think could be in my price range. I just bought a pin point ORP monitor and and needing to get everyhting together for lighting and the such. I am not getting to much over heating yet but could see where that could be handy. Also, the internet thing is cool but probably not a deal buster if you know what I mean.
Thanks for your advice though. I have already contacted them about what exactly a group buy would mean.

Rob

·
Registered
290 Posts
APFish said:
I was hoping not to spend a thousand dollars on this thing, but the junior I think could be in my price range. I just bought a pin point ORP monitor and and needing to get everyhting together for lighting and the such. I am not getting to much over heating yet but could see where that could be handy. Also, the internet thing is cool but probably not a deal buster if you know what I mean.
Thanks for your advice though. I have already contacted them about what exactly a group buy would mean.

Rob
Rob I got my ACIII for like $380... but I guess if you needed a pH probe ($70) and then the DC 8 (180) you are now closer to $630....you could however sell your pinpoint controller and then have your AC III control your ORP as well..if you are using Ozone...so then it would cost you really less if you can get money back for the pinpoint.

If not, I think the new AC Jr comes with a serial port, so you could actually connect it to a laptop or even wirelessly to the net...not sure if the AC jr is aompatible with aquanotes though.....i still think the ACIII is best bang for buck and does everything you really need from a controller.

G

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey G I have never heard back from your boys at reeftank? I dunno? I have been looking at a II what do you know about them. It seems that they are OK but that they are being replaced by the III is there something wrong with them?

Rob

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You cautioned everyone to not let water drip into an electrical system. Didn't work to well in my timer.

Rob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts