The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've got all my LR in a rubbermaid right now with bare needs. Lighting for what polyps I have growing, and a Pump for circulation.

I'm Slowly seeing Aiptasia show up here and there, and I'm trying to determine the best way to keep it under control in my LR tub.

On the smaller parts of LR, I just took the rock out of the Water, and let it airdry till dead. but I don't know what to do about the parts on my Large Chunks of BaseRock.

this is not a full tank setup, only thing in it is LR, and some polyps I'm just keeping alive for giggles.

No skimmer, Just Water Changes.

Any suggestions on keeping these under control?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would it survive in this makeshift tank?
Thought it would be frowned upon, esp since this tank has nothing but LR and water in it, not skimmed etc..

Could I stop using the light on the tank, just keep it circulating and water changed, let them run their course, and then when I'm ready to set the real tank back up, just get some peps to feast on? (this will be in about 4-5 Weeks)

·
Registered
371 Posts
The peps should be OK with some lighting and water change. If you let the aptaisia go to long, they will get out of control.
I saw a LFS with a RAGING out break, up to 4" tall with a base of 2". Don't want that to happen.

Lee:beer:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.