The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got a oriental sweetlips to replace the one I lost. My $#%* percula has a MAJOR problem with him. What is his problem?? This clownfish never bothered anyone but he wants to kill this fish. He bit off half of his tail and shredded his fins:cry: I had to catch him and put him in my refugium and just hope he heals. I read on the compatibility chart that they are fine together, just like the previous one I had. I added the clownfish way before my last sweetlips so it's not like he hated the last one, I just dont get it. Anyways if someone wants a clown let me know, I am going to catch him while he is sleeping hopefully. I hate to get rid of him, he was my first fish but I love the sweetlips more.
Carrie

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I have had people tell me both. It has black outline around all three white stripes but not thick like some trues I have seen. I am not sure because I have seen false percs that have just white stripes and then orange or a very faint black outline. I have a picture of him in my gallery on reef central. He looks like a false percula in the picture but he was moving and really has more black around the stripes, see what you think. Thanks,Carrie

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I cant count the spines either, so that is why I still dont know. Keri wants him but I am going to see if the sweetlips recovers, so far he seems fine, but if not I will keep the clown. I feel so bad the sweetlips got picked on :(

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
So did the Clown ever decide to behave?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got back from the Keys and the sweetlips is looking better. I am going to try and catch the clown and trade places. I am going to put the sweetlips into the main display and put the clown down in the fuge (solitary confinement) for two weeks. Maybe when I return the clown to the main tank he will be the new guy and behave himself. If not, then at least I can say I tried!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
My clown committed fishacide today. He jumped out of the tank through a slit that can't be a quater inch wide. :cry: Personally I think he was pushed. Right now I am iterrogating the yellow tail and cleaner. Both say the frogspawn did it and the spawn aint talkin....Although I heard the scarlet hermit lawyered up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts