The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my LM blennie is nothing but bone... I keep algae on three sides of my tank... and he mows the tops of the astrea snails' shells. He'll let me hand place all types of food up to his mouth but he doesn't eat. However I probably have too many snails and hermits in my tank to keep him fully fed. So I'm concerned about his health.

Two options: Does anyone know what else I can try to feed him or Does anyone have an algae problem on their rocks and want to buy him. He's nice size lenght wise.... about 4" and nothing across the width.

Any suggestions? Thanks, Dale

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Dale

Mine blennie eats spirilla(sp) green flakes...Just letting you know....

·
Registered
224 Posts
My blenny is about 3 inches long and I don't have that much algae,butwhen I see him,he looks like he has eaten a marble.Oh,yeah my tank is 10 gallons.

·
http://atlanta-smas.org/
1,688 Posts
mine eats flakes .(loves em).live brine(great to get them started eating,small bits of krill .mysis. any blended seafood, last and least nori .

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I get Nori from Harry's Market (Alpharetta in N. Fulton County) that my LM blenny loves.

If you have a place that sells stuff for sushi or other asian foods, you're vert likely to find them selling nori there too.
Good luck!

Bob

·
Registered
7 Posts
My lawnmower blenny was starving to death. I tried everything. I gave him nori attached to a clip, that didn't work. Someone told me to attach the nori with a rubberband around a rock being he would pick at the rocks. It worked! But, that is the only way he will it. Now he's nice and healthy. Good luck with yours, they have great personalities.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts