The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have an emporer angelfish who i think might be getting bullied or is sick. His fins look torn, tail is fine and still eats. I feed 1-3 times a day just so they aren't bullying each other, water parameters are: ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate >10, salinity 1.023, ph 8.2(was low but raised it a couple days ago.
Could anyone please shed some light on this matter,

·
Registered
41 Posts
What fish are in the tank with it? How long has it been up and running? How many total fish? What size tank? Could be a compatibility issue. Do you have a quarantine tank you could move it to? That would be my recommendation.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tagged what fish I had, purple tng, foxface, Niger trigger, snowflake eel. 100 gallon been running for 4 months I have a 46 gallon that's just finished cycling

·
Registered
41 Posts
I tagged what fish I had, purple tng, foxface, Niger trigger, snowflake eel. 100 gallon been running for 4 months I have a 46 gallon that's just finished cycling
I looked up the fish in your tank to check for compatibility issues. The trigger and angelfish have a caution on putting them together in the same tank.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm more concerned about the purple tang, the Niger is soooooooo docile and never even tries to eat my crustaceans

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
*update: I have flukes in my tank. Just bought a new canister filter with built in uv sterilizer and treating with melafix, prazipro, and antibiotics. Did a freshwater dip for 40 seconds. Any tips anybody?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts