The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I have no life, just fish
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter's boyfriend has run into an unexpected (aren't they all)financial hardship and needs to sell his tanks. Right now these are complete system sales so no parts dibs yet. I'll let you know if it changes.

The first sytem has only been set up for a month and is all new equipment. He had just set up a 220gal glass, duel overflow shark tank. My daughter tells me that he spent about $7000 on it and will sell it for $3999 all included. I do not have all the details on the equipment yet. I was not involved in the purchase or set up. He bought the system complete at Wet World as a shark tank. My daughter is going to get me the complete list of what is in it and I will post the details when I have it. Here are pictures of it (of course).

http://nicholb.smugmug.com/gallery/1797174

The other tank is a 55g glass reef tank. The tank is 2 years old and has a factory center overflow. The stand was purchased ar the same time and the hood is the custom oak one I use to have on my old 55g. the tank has been neglected so there is a lot of hair algae, but the corals and fish look like they are doing fine. All of the fish have been in there over a year. The hood has 2 250watt halides and 2 pc's. The return pump is a mag 12. This set up is $850 and here are the pictures.

http://nicholb.smugmug.com/gallery/1797177/1/89540578

He also has some parts. A 50g holding tank that is unused. I'll let you know the price when I get the details. A RO system from airwaterice.com for $100 (but you'll have to wait for the tanks to sell), and an unused wet/dry. (price to come when I get the details). Here are the pictures

http://nicholb.smugmug.com/gallery/1797180

You can contact her directly with questions or offers at [email protected]. I'll answer question as best I can.

·
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will do. I just asked my daughter last night. She needs to get a copy of the invoice to find out what he paid.

·
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry about the delay posting the item breakdown. Wet World is being a pain. My daughter called them and asked for a reprint of the invoice, and he says sure, but not for you. Since my daughter's boyfriend is the one on the order he won't give her a copy and unfortunately he's not around to go get it. She's going to try again when someone else is working.

·
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, here's the highlights on the big tank and the original prices. The tank has only been set up for just overr a month.

220g XH Oak 2 corner FLO 629.99
Prestige Stand Cherry 72X24 899.99
Prestige Canapy Cherry 72X24 499.99
Aragon Seafloor sand 40lb 399.92
Turbo-sea ext pump 1268gph 279.99
aqualight lunar 4x96 WT 72" 389.99
pro wet dry 200 w/p-filtr 569.99
220 XH glass cover 99.99
aqualigh power center 69.99
liverock marshall 100lb 1000.00
bamboo cat shark 279.99
foxface 74.99
mushroom rock 99.99

These are the main items, plus a horned shark and the rest of the fish in the pictures.

The holding tank was 299.99+ kent float valve 28.99 + No spill clean and fill 50ft 92.99 and a 1/6 HP water wizard 139.99.

She has not found the price on the unused wet dry yet. Anyway the whole bill totalled out at $8,372. If anyone is interested contact her at the email in the original post and she can get you a copy of the complete invoice and make arrangements to see it.

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
WOW Very impressive system. At that price who could pass that up being a month or two old.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts