The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my uncle recently gave me a 29 gallon established biocube, filled with live rock, leathers, zoanthids, and I have added a percula clown, some Duncan's, and a green fungia plate, and finally, what I believe to be some star polyps... I have a booming pod population and a few small starfish and three hermit crabs and a cleaner shrimp. Tomorrow ill be receiving frag of ricordeas, a phycodelic mandarin and 3 sexy shrimp. I've spent around the last month reading about everything I can think of regarding my tank almost obsessively and studying my compatibility chart and I was wondering if I was missing anything

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
there are some bristle worms, i would like to take some precautions to keep the population and size under control, considering a FEW bumble be snails or should i just get a trap? in the future i would like to add a bangai cardinal and a coral beauty dwarf angelfish and my uncle wants to get me a bubble tip anemone for my clown would any of this conflict with my current setup?

·
Keen Reefer
2,164 Posts
Almost, every thing sounds good. I would keep some bristle worms as they are good for your tank. I have a Benggai Cardinal and it is a very cool fish. All though, if you are looking for fish that move, this is not the fish! Mine just sits around in the same spot all day unless it's feeding time, then he goes crazy.I would not put a dwarf angel in that size of a tank. Probably nothing under 40-50. Also, it is a gamble with any dwarf angel on whether it will eat your corals. It is a 50/50 chance. The coral beauties are the safest(probably) around corals though, so you should be OK. I currently have a coral beauty in my 40gb and I plan on adding corals today. Also, even though you have a 'blooming pod population', I would still try to find one that is trained on frozen or have a constant supply of pods. Happy Reefing!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts