The Reef Tank banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is Slayer, and I'm from South Lake Tahoe CA. I am brand new to reefing, Ive read alot on the subject (well alot for me) and participated in a few forums, it is amazing the support i have received though this website. I visit my local shop alot, and they answered question, and have done a few special orders for me. but what im wondering is that, is there a way for me to find and communicate with other people locally? how do i find people close to me through this web sight?
the reason i feel that this is important is cause a seal on the bottom of my tank recently broke and i had to drive about 4 hrs round trip to purchase a new one from a store I knew nothing about. all in all it was not that bad, but i feel that some of my stress could have been alleviated if with a few local experts. also i hear that people like to trade corals, i mean im not that advanced yet, but its somting to look forward too.
thank you for you time. and here is a picture of my new tank

Attachments

·
Shark...fish are friends
5,096 Posts
Hi Slayer, there is a few local club pages on this forum, you could look for a "California" page, I'm not sure if there is one or not - but that would be the first place to start looking for local people, otherwise I'd just post to the general reef discussion thread with the subject "Anyone in California?" or something like that and people could respond and tell you where they are at.

I started a "Mitten reefers" club on here just to have a place to go look for other users from Michigan, the clubs aren't set up the best on here because there aren't good notifications when something gets posted in club pages, but it at least gives you some place to keep track of other local reefers, but we also have the Michigan page where there is a thread that everyone posted where they are at in Michigan to be able to go back and look it up.

As far as advice though, just post it on the general reef discussions forums and you'll get help from all over the world - might not be able to give you an extra set of hands, but can help advise of how to fix things (i.e. do you really need to drive 4 hours to get something or could you use something else to fix it).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts