The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Kid Reefer
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!
I decided to make a thread on my fish and everything i collect around here for my native tank build starting next month so i can keep record of everything :D Should be fun, these are the last weeks that i can get anything before it gets cold outside so i have to start now! I hope you all enjoy seeing some new stuff :).
FISH
First up, of course my eel, ive had him for a little more than a year now and he grows really fast when i upgrade his tank, so he should be pretty big in the 55.

Second, my little southern kingfish named burger king because he eats alot and hes a kingfish

Third, my naked gobies, i now have 3 got another one today

Fourth, my newest and most exciting addition, my porgy. I got him today, we were catching all shorts so i put on a tiny hook and piece of clam and caught this little guy, the pictures can fool you and make him look pretty big but hes only like 4 inches long.

Next post will be macro algae!

·
Kid Reefer
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
MACRO ALGAE
Ok, so these are just some algaes i have collected over the past few weeks.
My codium (the huge one on the left)

Red gracillaria (Is that right spelling?)

Unknown algae (its not dead... haha)

Thats it for now but i collected some deep water algae today that is really cool ill post up some pictures later.
Next is inverts!

·
Kid Reefer
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Invertebrates
Ok last section, pretty short so far but hopefully will get more soon
First my anemones, i dont know if they are bad yet so at first they wont go in the tank

Second, my starfish. I have 2 of these, 1 mature and 1 tiny one about an inch across, this one is about 4-5 inches across now.

I have some mussels and crabs too but havent gotten pictures of those, ill post them later.

·
Kid Reefer
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Misc. Pictures
These are just some cool pictures i took of my native stuff.
This is burger king at night, when the lights go off he turns this color and when he matures he will be this color all the time. Also my mussels and fluffy the hermit crab, you can see why we call him that by his shell, he has lots of tiny white plants all over his shell.

The baby starfish

My very fishy and messy room from right to left theres my mantis shrimp tank, the 3 gallon tank with the naked gobies in it and then in the corner you can see the blue container with the porgy in it.

·
Kid Reefer
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unknown deep water macro algae

Caught this on my fishing line in 60 feet of water, ill post the name after i get an ID.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts