The Reef Tank banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Retired Wanderer
22,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brrrr 23 out.

late arrival and waiting to go into work.

coffee is on……

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Indeed it is a COLD *onday! 18F at the lip shivering *o*ent heading to 40......*AYBE?

Good *orning Pal, and HAPPY *ONDAY TO ALL!

Coffee and a BIG BOWL of fresh cookies to pick through on the counter. The boss is back today, so life is back to 'nor*al on the creek, as we face the final onth of the season. This is where I/We look forward to hearing fro him everything we didn't do or got wrong these past couple weeks out of the guilt he feels for NOT BEING HERE HELPING. :mad: The joy has just left Oz......it's now just a job......or as uch as this will feel like that. *otivation working on the creek this ti&e of the year has always been tough, having to dig deep for this last push.....that's going to feel *ultiplied I' sure now......LESS THAN A MONTH!

Pass out the lollipops and rainbows.....we need the*,
Hack

· Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,804 Posts
Morning Sirs, & all who follow. Cold here too. It is mid 20's at the moment but 50mph winds later today. Inspite of temps getting up towards 40 it will still feel like 12.

Well, the Toronto Argonauts did indeed win the Grey Cup. Unfortunately I did not get to see it. I dropped cable TV a while ago & apparently the only way you could watch was on TSN cable. I could stream it from their website but that required a paid subscription. THAT my friends is one of the prime reasons the CFL is 9% of what the NFL is. It is a very entertaining product but you have to pay to actually watch. That model only works for Formula 1 who has a global following. /rant.

Have a great day all.

· Retired Wanderer
22,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I need a local antenna. Otherwise we have to pay also

· Super Moderator
35,704 Posts
Good morning, Perry, Hack, Rick, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee and cookies, Perry and Hack! I wish I had been awake earlier, I would’ve made some to go hot chocolate for you gents. You need something warm in your tummies to get your internal furnaces going. I have oatmeat with diced apples, raisins, brown sugar, and cinnamon piping hot.and cheese toast.

Perry - what time do you have to be at work?

Hack - your boss needs an attitude adjustment! That is not the way to treat people who have been doing working hard to get things ready for the winter and then he comes back from his hunting expedition and growls at everybody. That just isn’t right. I wish you could sprinkle him with some grooviness.

Rick, I understand your frustration with not being able to see the games you want to watch. Luckily, my rent includes cable. But when I lived at my house, I got rid of cable as well. I hated spending that kind of money on stations I never watched. But I stream most things from Chromecast. I bought that one year at the time of the Super Bowl, and I was proud of myself for setting it up. But that’s one of the things I did at the library was to set up audiovisual equipment.

I wonder if Vinnie is enjoying his outdoor heater on the patio on the patio this morning?

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

· Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
33,748 Posts
Good morning everybody,
It’s a cool morning here, but not as cool as the rest of you. Presley spent the night with us last night. Stan went into the office this morning so Presley and I are playing games. She wants me to teach her how to play chess. She still a little bit young but does have a little bit of an idea of the moves and pieces.
Last night I won a eco pods package from Algea Barn 8 jars and free shipping. The cool thing is I can take in by weekly shipment that work for me. I never tried their products.
the other night we watched a show on homelessness. Pretty sad . We live in such a great nation but our cities are filled with people for any number of reasons. Some of its drug addiction but only a small part. Families are a big part.
I am drinking my coffee indoor with Presley

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Howdy ho good neighbors! Home from the creek, and HOT showered so I can feel human again.....well actually, just FEEL again. Was a cold blustery day......hit 40.....somewhere. But that 19F when I got there this morning dug a deep hole in my memory, and THAT'S all I could feel all day. Yeah Cath, sorry I missed your HC offering....would have helped.

OK.....let's see the cute ones......

Picture frame Couch Textile Comfort Wood

Dog Picture frame Comfort Grey Dog breed

Jen sent me these pictures today saying, 'Chloe is sending me warm wishes'....not to mention she's wearing my sweat shirt I just had to fight her for when I got home.
The world would be less of a joy without our loved ones.:cool:

Hot open faced Pork sandwiches, mashed potatoes and gravy, and HOT horseradish of course for dinner/supper 6p grub/ect.

Hack

· Retired Wanderer
22,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Evening all.

my old coworker found out I am single and wants to hobby lobby my place. NO NO NO

· Administrator
61,145 Posts
Hi all, work was ok, different dybanic because of TG
s,o orders and delivery schedule is moved up a day. I am working 8-4 TG so the people that have family can cook and celebrate as needed.
Got all the bills paid so good to go till DEC
I think I would just get a new sweatshirt Hack, Chloe looks comfy. Been looking at vests for Furgee when its really cold, Tikhal is furry so its not an issue for him.
Need to get a new wrist brace, the hard stays in mine are rubbing points so its 50/50 with or without, so I am going to look at OTC neoprene wrist.thumb brace

· Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
33,748 Posts
Good evening everyone,
Busy day here with Presley. No down time. Play different games with her, then pop off poopers and made bubbles outside. Snacks breaks every so often in between . She wanted me to teach her how to play chess. Now trying to get a five year old to stay focus is something else. She did tell me you’re not biting your fun.
last night she told Kristine the reason she doesn’t hug me is because she thing big hug’s will hurt me , because of my peg tube. She will be here tomorrow.
Put my order in for the Pods from algae barn. Not sure if they will ship all 8 at once or some every two weeks.
either way I will probably try to keep a culture of them going if not too big of hassle.

· Super Moderator
35,704 Posts
Good evening, guys!

Hack, your report about working conditions makes me shiver. But I flat out with Doug that Chloe owns that sweatshirt. Surely you’ve got a warm robe you can put on when you get home. Maybe Nate and Jen can go out and get you another sweatshirt. Those two photos are some of the sweetest photos I’ve seen in a long time.

Evening all.

my old coworker found out I am single and wants to hobby lobby my place. NO NO NO
Is your old coworker a woman? If so her desire to Hobby Lobby your place is a trick.

Doug - that is so generous of you to work on T Day so that others can be with their families. Good luck with the craziness at work this week.

Vinnie - I can’t imagine teaching somebody as young as Presley how to play chess, but gotta start sometime. Watch out, though. She might end up like Nate.

On with the evening. Make it groovy, everyone

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Vinnie - I can’t imagine teaching somebody as young as Presley how to play chess, but gotta start sometime. Watch out, though. She might end up like Nate.
I'm thinking Hack was probably 5 when we started teaching him....and YES.....be cautious what you create Vinnie.
5 is the perfect age to engage kids......make memories that'll last a life time.

Hack, your report about working conditions makes me shiver. But I flat out with Doug that Chloe owns that sweatshirt. Surely you’ve got a warm robe you can put on when you get home. Maybe Nate and Jen can go out and get you another sweatshirt. Those two photos are some of the sweetest photos I’ve seen in a long time.
I won the fight! I better not catch her in my speedos this summer. :ROFLMAO:
Hack

1 - 13 of 13 Posts