The Reef Tank banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm retired police officer, so I thought I'd get your attention with this code. It is for a mental subject! So what I have is a jumper or a victim of being chased so bad that he jumped out the tank. I have a 180 gal tank with about 300 lbs of rock, and being set up as a FOWLR unit. Always loved and wanted triggerfish so I started off with a Humu Humu and two weeks later added a 3" Niger Triggerfish. Then first morning I came down the stairs to my basement where I keep the beast on level concrete floor and there was the Niger on the carpet. I reached down with tears in my eyes to pick him up and he jumped, I placed him back in the tank and he swam away, I can only think that it had just happened. Today he is doing fine, however the two triggerfish battle all the time. They are the same size, and there is more than enough places to hide and water to swim and no other competition for food that I feed them, so how long before they become ...fish friends? My next trigger was going to be a Clown triggerfish, but I almost lost 50.00 on the Niger and don't want to loss 100 + on the Clown Trigger. Today I'm looking into buying the plastic grate used in ceiling lighting to cover the tank top. By the way there is a Yellow tang that I believe could take out Jaws in the tank also.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts