The Reef Tank banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently added some blue mushrooms and a ricordia to my 29 gallon. i notice that there are cobweb-like strands coming out of the blue mushroom, which is heading in the direction of the ricordia (the ricordia is downstream from the shroom). Is it dying, or is this normal mushroom behavior. lighting is a combo of 110 pc and a 20watt NO fluor; amon, ni-trites and trates are at 0, 1.025 sg. This is the first coral i've added to the tank and i'm know nothing about them. Any help is appreciated.

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
Hey blenny, and a huge welcome to TRT! :) This stuff coming out of the shroom, is it coming off it, or out of the mouth? Chances are, since you just added them, the mushrooms are just shedding an outer layer of tissue. Nothing to be concerned about.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome, it's nice to have a place to come to for help. The mushrooms emit the cobwebs from a tube looking thing (mouth?). I notice that it does it when I move the lights. I need to move the lights off the top of the tank when I feed or check the water, and I don't think they like it very much. I'm glad to hear it's normal. Thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.