The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Retired Wanderer
17,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I going down the wrong path? This looked great that another guy came up with and I am reproducing it with a Mag 9 or 12 with 3/4 inch PVC through a SCWD. Doug mentioned it might flip a little too fast with a bigger pump.

Should I cut my losses and think about a wavemaker instead. The powerheads in the tank just look ugly though..it is only a 55g.

Finally...how the heck do you attach the PVC to the top of the tank..do I just let it hang.

All I spent money on was the PVC and that is cheap..so pretty much an open book. I have 4 MJ 1200's and a couple of those puny ones already.

Attachments

·
Retired Wanderer
17,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome!!! Thanks Plat. :banana:

Looks like that is not going to work though for this...switching every four seconds is way too fast. A spraybar is going to be a better idea with a CLS.

I think he designed his for a 29 and a Mag 5.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahah....perfect idea and I can use this stuff already glued up and easily add a wavemaker. :D

·
The Bitter Mod
7,059 Posts
Here is another idea. Go with a larger mag and split the line before the SCWD. One side becomes a spraybar and the other line runs the SCWD. Maybe even add a ball valve to restrict the output to the SCWD.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is a great idea but involves a hacksaw, more glue and more measuring. I like it. Can you mix a spraybar with some static flow then a bit of tidal current? Two Mag 7's though would do the trick here so this is pretty cheap. Looks like it is time to buy linelock stock now.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I do't believ it will swith that fast. I set one up on a friends tank with a mag 12 and a scwd and it switches about ever 10 seconds. it is on a 55 gallon and if really gives a realistic feel. not to fast or too violent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts