The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just rescued a mated pair of clarki clowns. They are currently in a 24 gallon nano and doing great. there is nothing else in the tank except for a few snails and hermits. I was going to put sps in the tank, but I have decided to breed these two beauties instead. I am looking for a nem that they would like that is also able to stay in the 24. I plan on decicating the tank two these 2 fish and their nem. I have 6x18 watt t-5 lighting w/individual reflectors so I believe I have enough light for just about anything. However, I have no experience with nems and if someone could recommend a certain type or some good reference books that would be great. I remember seeing a clown nem compatibility guide as well haven't been able to find the link yet. help!

·
Perfeshunal Hikk
8,887 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was by no means in any rush to get a nem. The fish both have a bad case of ich, but I have got them eating and it seems like they should pull through just fine. I know the tank will be moved in Dec. I plan on adding a nem after everything has matured after the move.

I have never had an auto top off before. anyone have a recommendation?

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,674 Posts
Your tank needs to be in good shape reading way and their is no guarantee that they will host in what you want.Mine pic the fuzzy shrooms I had.Good luck!

·
Physical/Reef therapist
388 Posts
My clowns like hairy mushrooms too. If you are going to get a nem I would recommend a bubble tip, they are pretty hardy compared to some of the other nems.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Here is the source for information on clowns especially if you are interested in breeding them.
http://www.amazon.com/Clownfishes-Joyce-D-Wilkerson/dp/1890087041

Clowns do not need anemones to survive or breed. Most breeding tanks for clowns are basic setups with nothing more than a clay pot or tile. Anemones can be difficult to keep in such a small tank due to varying water chemistry and other stability issues.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts