The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am new to this and think I just posted my message in classifieds whenit should have went here. Ok I have two clown fish and just noticied that one of them is playing around on a rock down in a little hollow spot. The second one is right next to the first and rubbing up on it and then it also looks like they are trying maybe to mate I think but not sure. They were bought at the same time and out of the same tank. Just now I noticed them this close. One will stay and the other almost looks like it will leave for a second and then come right back. Also posted a message like this in the classified section by mistake if someone wants to read it and hopefully let me know what they think is going on. All paraimeters are good and temp is 80. Thanks for any input

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Well could be preparing the spot to spawn but if they are new to the tank, they could just feel very comfortable in that spot and are using that area as a host. Clownfish are funny and usually take to something and stick with it for a while. anemones, certain corals, even a mag float or a powerhead.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Before this they were swimming all over the tank but now will not leave each other and they are in the same spot. I guess time will tell, but this behavior just started to see today and it seems like they just can't get enough of each other.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just checked again and it looks like the bigger one is the one digging and cleaning the rock. The other one is standing guard. Do you know how long it would take if they do laid eggs and would they be visible? What would be the next step and would they have to be removed. Man this is all new.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
How long have they been in that tank for? Sounds like you have spawning going on...not fair:( I have had my clownfish for ..years and they haven't spawned yet. All the female wants to do is eat...lol

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bpught them about a month ago from a local pet store. They are both young I believe. This is the first time they have acted like this and they are very persisent at what they are doing so if they are not spawning then they are sure faking it good. Does anyone know how long it takes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts