The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our two clownfish and my husband are at war..everytime he sticks his hands in the tank for anything, they attack and bite him. I'd try harder to stop it if it weren't so funny. Still, for his sake, any tips on why they're so aggressive, and what we can do to stop them from attacking us?

Attachments

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
There is little you can do to stop it. Clownfish (just like many other damsels) are aggresive and territorial.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the same situation and found a post from someone who started feeding the clowns out of his hands and he stated it worked. They don't bite anymore. I'm willing to try it.

·
Export with Care!
6,789 Posts
Yeah mine attack me when I do one of two things.

1) Touch any mushroom in the tank, they love them and fight to get them out of my fingers.
2) Fast movements or shuttering movements. They take it as a threat movement. I guess.

Best way to get them used to your hands is probably feed a tiny bit then feed from your hand. Hold pellets ect and let them go from your fingers. The other is simple stick a hand in the tank and hold real still for a reeeaaallly long time. They can get used to it, but takes a TON of time and results vary a lot.

Mine stay with my hands at all times, and nip at me once in awhile if I move to fast. Otherwise they act super curious what I am up to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts