The Reef Tank banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have searched with no luck with this specific issue. I have 2 juvenile clowns, the one that is more aggressive is perfect. The other started 3 days ago with a white dot identical to a "raised pimple". The next day his black started fading & a second dot appeared. Today it is more of a line along the top dorsal & bottom anal fin. And hus black outling if the fins looks frayed although his fins are intact. He's been hovering in the corner of the tank. I did observe the more aggressive one literally whip him around & slam him into the rocks. He is still eating well, but to me his swimming seems a bit weaker now. There is coral in the tank but only a few pieces. The tank ammonia -0 nitrites-0 nitrates- 5ppm phos-0 ph-8.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I'm not that great at diagnosing disease, but I have found this web site useful to help to ID problems: http://www.chucksaddiction.com/disease.html

Set-up a QT. This not only will help when you medicate, but will give your fish relief from the more aggressive clown and time to heal.

Good luck.
I hope others can make more suggestions about this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.