The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is almost a lost cause asking without a picture but my clown I have in quarintine has a fairly large almost grayish blotch on his side it isn't a lot of discoloration but it was enough for me to notice something was different. I isn't ich it almost looks like a big scrape but I am not sure. I tried to get a picture but I can't get one that actually shows the mark at all so there was no point in uploading it.

The blotch almost goes from stripe to stripe and is a fair portion of the upper half of him. Any ideas on what it could be or am I just being paranoid. Glad I deciced after much research when starting this hobby to quarintine since I have never had a problem until now it will pay off if he is sick.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is actually looking better now that I am home from work and got to check it out again. But he was eating yesterday and today he is not so I am just going to try a few live foods tomorrow and see if I can get something in him and keep an eye on it in QT. Hopefully I can get a decent pic but everyone I have tried to take ends up not being able to really see anything so useless for diagnostic purposes

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So looking at it this morning I don't see anything so maybe it was just a scrape. It was nothing I have ever seen before so I got worried that it had some crazy disease that I have never seen or heard of.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts