The Reef Tank banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:bawling: :help: Can someone please assit me with my clownfish? it is a marroon-yellow striped clownfish!!! He's at the bottom of the tank gasping for air!!!! I took my water to a LFS yesterday and they said it was great. I noticed now for about two days that both clownfish had stopped eating, but they seemed to be doing great in that they both seem to have hosted/sharing the same space within the rocks!! Can anyone possibly tell me what to do?
55 gal
55-60#s LR
40#s LS
1 2x65w PC/ lunar
Prizm protien skimmer
2 power heads

1 blenny
several snails and hermit crabs

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you put ANYTHING new in the tank in the last month?
Ornament, rock ?

Did you have an exterminator come by?
Orkin kind of dude?

Any kind of chemical or chemical breakdown occuring.

Some plastics will adverserly break down in a saltwater environment.

My thoughts .. hope it works out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have done nothing significant to the water before they started acting strange, I check my water parameters regularly, I put a polyp in yesterday, The guy at the LFS after he checked my water said I didn't have to do a water change,,, I specifically asked!!! I got my clowns on the 9th of June! They were doing fine and swimming great, but in the last 2 days........ The little fellow is still hanging on and the other hasn't left his/her spot either, I have him in the net at the top submerged in water,, What can I do to revive the lilttle fellows?
There have been no chemical activities going on in the house!!!!
Thanks

·
Ô¿Ô
834 Posts
I have lost clown as well at this stage. Its very fustrating. I have tried QT them and it usually over stresses them and kills them. Good luck in whatever you do. This is why with clown I make sure they have been at the LFS for a while and make sure they adapt well to captive living. Mine ate well for a couple weeks, then they just refused to eat and eventually died. The next pair I got where fine... Who knows.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's not Brooklynella,,,, at least I don't think so, 1 of my clowns died about 20 mins ago. I removed him and checked for the symptoms of Brook...... he/she didn't have any. My other clown is at the bottom of the tank in 1 spot hovering as usual (I'm worried about that 1 two)!!! I am not sure of the problem but I have been doing research all day. I am not giving up that easy. Salt water has become my drug of choice!!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Does everything else in your tank look ok like corals etc? I would still do a water change. Your LFS can test your water for the obvious things like ph, alk, calcium, etc but not contaminents. Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
573 Posts
what LFS did you get them from if you dont mind me asking, you can PM me the answer. I am just wondering bc I just lost one too...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts