The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get a mated pair of marroon clownfish with a Sea Anemone host but don't know how to go about it? Also would like to know what kind of Sea Anemone will host with a Marroon clownfish?

·
A goof
2,923 Posts
Welcome to TRT
I moved this thread over to the general forum, you should get better response over here.

I would highly recomend not buying a sea anemone untill you have MANY years of experience with salt water.

Welcome to TRT

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Also clowns don't need an anenome to thrive and it is possible that they will host in other things such and a coral, powerhead, rock, etc.

I hear maroon clowns are harder to mate than others due to being aggressive
good luck with it
I'm sure its been done and somebody will have tips

·
Lost Fish
1,203 Posts
If you are looking to get an anemone make sure your tank is mature. I would have to say wait at least 6 months. I have much experience with the trial and error of keeping them. The best anemone to get for a maroon clown is an BTA. They are also among the hardiest anemones you could get. I have a maroon clown and he enjoys the BTA. He has hosted in a green bubble tip and a rose bubble tip after the green one was lost to an intake. Please be careful when purchasing one, they are very sensitive to little changes and need great water quality.

Good luck and have fun,
Brian

·
Registered
6 Posts
Maroon Clowns are very hard to mate. I had a nice Maroon Pair for a while until my take had a spike and I lost the Smaller one. I have lost several clowns in the past trying to mate them. You may want to try to find a pre mated pair. Maroon clowns also had problems with other newly introduced clowns in my tank before. The Maroons I had loved a Colt Coral I had in the Tank and lived in it like an Anemone.

Good Luck

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Ruben
I don't know if you need a certain number of posts before you can edit but there is an "edit" button next to the "quote" button in the top right corner of the post

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks

Thanks for all the info. This forum is really good to have for us newbies. I almost bought a BTA and a Maroon clownfish but decided to ask about it on this site first. I purchased a purple sea slug, and after I looked it up on this forum and found out that it is almost impossible to keep alive. It did die after only a few days and so now I don't make any purchases until I research it here on this site. So I probably won't get a sea anemone for now. Thanks again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a Maroon Clown and he hosted with my bubble coral and I eventually got an anenome and has been with that ever since, even though he still protects the Bubble Coral.

·
Pretty In Pink
3,288 Posts
so now I don't make any purchases until I research it here on this site. So I probably won't get a sea anemone for now

Great plan - the best knowledge is from someone's past experience - heh heh saves you the head aches and your pocketbook ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts