The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ONE VERY BIG FISHY
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have this small clown trigger about 4 inches, he has been in my 90 gallon fowlr for a few months now, and was contemplating on putting him in my much larger reef tank. There arnt any inverts in the larger tank, just some snails which i dont really care for, but other then risking the lives of the snails would he be ok to be put in the tank. Will he bother my corals and stuff as in nip them. I also dont mind him being the only fish in the tank.....please let me know. thanx

·
11,345 Posts
I LOVE those fish and have several times contemplated keeping one. All of my tanks are reefs though and every time i have looked into it and talking to people they have said that they will nip at corals most of the time as well. I have heard some people say that they nip at them but dont do any real damage to theirs.

So, i have never owned one but they are one of the coolest IMO.

Hopefully it will work out for you.

·
ONE VERY BIG FISHY
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ive tried that, he doesnt seem interested but still dont wanna risk anything, he seems more interested in the damsels that are in his tank. Just wanted some opinions, because i know as they get bigger their attitudes and personalitys change.

·
Premium Member
24,599 Posts
I think You will fine that some corals may not appeal to him then others will, not all fish like all corals. Clowns are one of the last triggers I would put in a reef tank, take a look at the mouth of the trigger, He had the kind that will go for coral and rock, crabs and the like. put him in a FOWLR,

·
ONE VERY BIG FISHY
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, i guess he wont be going in the reef. thanx for the info...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts