The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a mated pair of false perc clowns. The male has developed some black stripes and spots on his fins and a few spots on his body. Is this a diease or do these sometime develop as they mature. I tried to get a good pic but have u ever seen a clown stand sit :).

Thanks,
Kassun

Attachments

·
Registered
719 Posts
sometimes when my clowns mess around in the corals they get the black spots for awhile but then they eventually go away

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just had the same thing happen with a clown that hosted in a anem. It did not show up till 2 mo. after hosting. Went away with time.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, My minds put at ease. Just a funny note, I bought two peperment shrimp to take care of my apistia problem and there eating all of my small tube worms instead of the apistia. I am about to fire them :).

We also have at least 1000 or more mini brittle stars all over our tank. I have a sponge over my surface skimmers inlet that i'll be taking off. There are hundreds just in that alone. I'd be up for a trade if somone wants? I'll post a pic of them tomorrow.

Thanks,
Kassun

·
Registered
424 Posts
I would like to get some more brittle stars for my refugium. Are these the white ones or multicolor?

I might have something to trade for or I'd be happy to pay.

Sue

1 - 10 of 10 Posts