The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Lil Reefer
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so about 3 weeks ago I bought a S.A. Percula clown fish and a sebae anemone. Today when I got home I noticed my clown fish hosting in my anemone (an awesome experience I believe). My local fish store told me that clown fish bred in captivity wouldn't host anemone but mine seemed to have no problem. My friends clowns hosted his also and he had captive bred clowns. Now that my percula has started to host my anemone, would it be fine to add another clown? Also, if I get an ocellaris clown would it pair with the percula? Would it be a better idea to just get another percula? Will the clown fish hosting the anemone let the other clown fish host with it? Will the clowns pair eventually? I need help and I'm sorry about the questions!

·
Lil Reefer
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am not very picky about the ocellaris or percula I would get either one. I just hope that the fish can pair and possibly host the anemone together. Thanks for the help

·
Veteran Newbie
3,799 Posts
Don't be sorry about the questions! IME, I've never successfully gotten two clowns to pair (two tries) but many people do. You don't need to get the same species, but it wouldn't hurt. If you decide to get another, make sure it is smaller than the one you currently have.

·
Lil Reefer
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok well I shouldn't have a problem getting a smaller clown. Although I might just stick with a percula and hope that they pair eventually. Im not worried about them laying eggs but I would love to have two clowns swimming and hosting together. Ive never seen a clown fish in anemone before and it was pretty cool I must say. So, if I got an ocellaris and percula they would be fine as long as the other one is much smaller? My anemone seems alot happier since the clown has started to host in him too :)

·
Lil Reefer
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well the clown fish seemed to like anemone but this morning he has been just swimming in the water not really by the anemone. Do you think he doesn't protect and sit by it possibly because he is the only fish? Will the clowns pair or host eventually or is that just something I'll have to find out on my own?

·
Lil Reefer
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok. I havent seen him back in the anemone since then though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts