The Reef Tank banner

Clown Fish acting strange

Tags
clown fish
3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  KimHalpert 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I've had my 20 gallon long tank for about 8 months now and one of my two clown fish is acting strangely... it has been swimming vertically against the glass in the corner and/or swimming on its side for the past three days now and doesn't seem to be eating much. The other clown fish and the hippo tang are both doing fine.

Thoughts?

#4 ·
Thanks for the feedback. The fish still seems to be struggling. Tonight he is sideways right at the top of the tank. Is it possible he has swim bladder disease? What is the best way to try and treat? It looks like the other fish, presumably the female now (its getting a bit larger and looks quite healthy), has been chasing and maybe biting the smaller fish.

Regarding the tang, I understand the 20G is too small, right now he is not very large and I plan on upgrading to a 75G in a few months.

Thanks.

#8 ·
With that said - my clowns "sleep" vertically under my heater every night together. They never swim funny on their sides though. I'm only mentioning it so that if your clowns do it again you don't worry about the vertical corner sleeping lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.