The Reef Tank banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've been busy lately and today I finally got a chance to carefully look at everything in my tank. I noticed my female clown has some brown discoloration. I'm not sure what it is.. maybe a fungus? Here's a picture, but i'm not quite as good as some photographers on this site. It hasn't effected her swimming.. yet.

you can see the brown stuff by her first white bar. and near the dorsal fin. the other side has more.. but she didn't wanna swim slowly in that direction for me

and if you can diagnose this.. what do I do?

·
Registered
32 Posts
It may be a mechanical injury, or worse, something like brookynella (sp?). I would at least give her a freshwater bath for at least 10 minutes.

·
Registered
40 Posts
MY clown has something like that. It never affected him in anyway, he eats very well and acts completely normal. I have quit worrying about it. Its been 5months since it first started and they seem to fade. I'm not sure if hes getting stung or not, they are a dark brown to black. I don't have anypics, my cameras not great. I would just watch her and be ready to take action if anything changes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts