The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tank has all of a sudden become cloudy. I am 99% sure it is due too a bacteria bloom. I have read that it makes pH drop rapidly, which is what I am currently experiencing. My tank is fairly new(3 months). Diatoms are gone, water is good, except pH. There is a bit of green algae on glass, but I believe it is from an accidental overdose of phytofeast. I am currently dripping a solution to maintain pH. The day after I stop dripping the pH will fall to around 7.5. Any way to get rid of this without dosing anything unnatural, unless its my last resort. Or is this a game of patience? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,065 Posts
What size is the tank? What are the occupants? Has anything died or gone missing recently? What are the other parameters? What kind of flow do you have? Lots of surface agitation? Be careful dosing things that bring up pH, that can throw other levels off as they're all tied up together.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
water is not super cloudy. i can still see good, but its definitely cloudy. i have good water movement and plenty of surface agitation. nothing has died that im aware of, the only inhabitants are a clown, peppermint shrimp, xenia coral, zoa frag, and a frogspawn frag. 3 nass. snails. I also have dark green almost brown stringy stuff all over my rocks and chaetomorph algae. it came about the same as the cloudy water and pH drop. parameters are Ammonia-0, Nitrate-0, Nitrite-0, pH is 8.0 at the moment due to dripping a solution. 2 days it will be down to 7.0. Tank is a 14 gallon biocube and is 3 months old, incase you were wondering.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts