The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 30 gal hospital tank treated with Cupramine and it only has 5 small clowns. Last night I did a water change of 10 gal and this morning the water was so cloudy I couldn't see through to the back of the tank.

The cloudiness looks like when salt is first dissolved in a bucket, but the tank was crystal clear before the water change. Also, there is no sand or live rock. The only thing in the tank aside from the fish is a power filter, sponge filter, and PVC.

So how did the water get cloudy and what should I do?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Ammonia? I'd test for that, high ammonia levels can cause cloudy water... the WC may have stirred some stuff up. dead organics etc... No live rock = no bio filtration...

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
How long h as this setup been running. If you have ammonia and the tank is new it could be a little cycle. time in itself will cure it, along with some good water changes:) Make sure the water you are using to change it with is also ammonia and nitrite/nitrate free.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How long h as this setup been running. If you have ammonia and the tank is new it could be a little cycle. time in itself will cure it, along with some good water changes:) Make sure the water you are using to change it with is also ammonia and nitrite/nitrate free.
I just checked the ammonia and there is a little, and also a little nitrite, but bottom of the scale. My water quaility is excellent and well water with none of the bad stuff, but I run it through an RO system anyway.

I've got a fuge coming tomorrow and need to cut bulkheads in the tank, so I'll just put the clowns in a bucket with a heater and bubbler for a day or two till I get it back online.

Thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts