The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a pic of a closed loop system I have mocked up . What do you think ,,,, any sugestions ????????? I 'm thinking of useing an Iwaki 100 for it the intake is 2 inches and the return line are 2 one inch lines.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
My consern would be the water will take the path of least resistance and you will have mass flow in the lower and not alot in the top returns.

Jeff

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'd recommend replacing the end caps at the top of the picture with 1" pipe. This will equalize the pressure coming from the pump and create a more even flow from all your jets. JMO

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
and now for my two cents.

if that is all 1" lineand fittings, i would remove the two caps at the top of the photo and connect with a length of 1" pipe making it once complete loop.

then, on all of your "jets" i would put in a small piece of pipe and then top with an end cap. then drill a small hole in each end cap (about 1/4" or 1/2") this will help significantly.

doing both steps, will get water around to the whole thing, and will help move the water farther out of the "jets"

my similar plan was a combination of ideas from a few folks here at trt, and a few that i found elsewhere on the web. for my test on mine, i used a mere 500gph pump, and had almost 4' of head on it.

i'll attach a photo. (in this photo, there are 19 openings in the pipe, in the final version, i actually ended up adding two more. and the test was done with a cheap 500gph pump)

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.