The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On average how long does it take for the tank to clear. I put sand in and half way up stoped with water til the next day that day it was clear now yesterday i finished filling the tank and its been cloudy ever since. i have the thing running threw the sump any suggestions?

· Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i moved the sand so i could pour it into the bottom without much mess and u can see the back its just murky lol so well see in a day. i cant see to add anything to it im trying to get it up to temp though cuase if i move some rock and stuff is living in it i dont wanna killing due to extream cold lol.

· Registered
174 Posts
take a mechanical filter and just take the cotton part of the filter and let it run, it will trap all of the stuff ( what happened to me) and when u want to remove the cotton, dont take it out while the filter is running, take the whole filter out and pour the water in the filter out too or the stuff will jsut enter your tank again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.