The Reef Tank banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering what these clear tentacles are, they almost look worm like but then they pop back in their hole. They were the first ones to come out when i got this coral and then the green tentacles came out a few hours after.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nothing at all like those, it looks more like a hairlike tentacle, it actually extended up to an inch from one of the holes on the GSP. If you see the video i posted or the pics i added on my dropbox that might help?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hairlike tentacle coming out of GSP

So i caught this hairlike clear tentacle coming out of the GSP while the green tentacles were closed. Not sure if its a worm or a tentacle from the GSP but it extended up to 1 inch and then went back into the hold after. I posted a video and pics on my dropbox. Any ideas? Is it a parasite or a clear tentacle?

I posted this on the soft corals section but this might get better visibility on here

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nsjwvguajz6q4t6/AACNT0-M53byyV47QAL6NAOOa?dl=0

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After doing more research it looks like its a type of chaetopterids/Phyllochaetopterus/Spionid worm and what im seeing its their tentacle coming out of the green star polyp. Should i treat my GSP with something to kill it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.