The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I think that I've had some of my clean up crew die off and I'm in need of some additions. Right now I have some blue legged hermits, nass. snails? (they bury themselves and have a long trunk thing), and a few bumblebee snails. I think i'm going to add some more hermits, and was wondering what snails should I add? Keep in mind I have a 30g w/ some leathers, a bubble coral, zoo's, and some xenia. So any ideas? Oh yea, my tank has been running for almost a year.

·
Super Moderator
27,043 Posts
Brett - could you tell us more about your tank? How about some photos.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess as far as crabs go I probably don't need anymore of those now that you mention it, but I think I do need more snails due to my back wall is basically covered in algae, since I can't clean it. Also, I'm hoping that with an increase in snails that I won't have to clean my glass quite as often. Does that help any?

What else do you want to know about my tank? No sump, just a canister filter, sea clone 150 skimmer, 175w MH, 2x24w CF's
Livestock: two saddleback clowns, green brittle star, xenia, finger leather, toadstool leather, bubble coral, a few zoo's, blue legged hermits, nass snails, and some green polyps. Here's a pic.

·
11,345 Posts
In a 30 gallon tank...if you alreadcy have some hermits...i wouldnt add any more. I dont keep any, but if you have some you definitely dont need any more.

Nassarius are scavengers, not so much algae eaters.

If you have excess algae on the glass and rocks....get some astreas and some ceriths. If you dont......dont get anything. jmo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts