The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Muppet of the Sea
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I'm cleaning and scraping my tank's glass, which is not a big deal until I get to the back wall. And that's when the fun stops. That's when I start grumbling. That's when I begin to think my snails have way too cushy of a job because they are lazy. That's when I start talking to my foxface and beg him to step up his game and start munching on that algae and leave the stuff on the rocks alone for awhile. Cleaning the back wall is a pain in the butt! Especially when that wall of the tank is against the wall of the room.

So while I'm grumbling and complaining I wonder... How many of you clean the back wall of your tank?? Do you even clean it? I'm beginning to think a nice coat of coraline would look a lot nicer than hearing me grumble to my fish. LOL!

·
Shark..but a friendly one
15,362 Posts
I have an 'island-tank', so sadly all four walls are fair game for me at cleaning time. But if I didn't, I'm pretty sure I'd leave the back wall to the whims of nature. Love the look of the different colored coraline and flowing algae I see at my lfs on their back walls of their reef tanks. Just my:2cents:
Hack

·
Premium Member
11,065 Posts
I just don't clean mine on the 55. :p I have a hard enough of a time cleaning in that narrow tank (my knuckles are always getting banged up) I can handle seeing algae on the back wall.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I clean it maybe once every couple of months. My Fish start to wonder why there are so many other fish in the tank if I clean it too often. :p

·
Muppet of the Sea
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Growing GSP on the back of the tank sounds interesting. I don't think my clown will be happy with me if I move my tiny little frag of it to the back wall though.... Maybe once it gets bigger I can frag a piece of it and add it to the wall. :D

Yeah, I'm beginning to think I'm done fighting the algae on the back wall.... But gosh it looks so pretty when it is clean! :bangsheadonwall:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Mine only gets cleaned partially because of some big rocks leaning back there and also not being able to reach very well. It really is a chore to get to the back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts