The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i added 6 more astreas and 1 more emerald crab to my 29G setup, totaling 12 astreas and two emeralds. I plan to have about 4 fish and 8 corals or so. what other cleaners are reccomended? Is twelve astreas too many; I have 45 lbs LR. And do they significantly decrease the number of fish you can have due to bio-load.

btw, these crabs are destroying my liver sponge problem. :banana:

·
Registered
851 Posts
Get a skunk cleaner shrimp. They look cool and spend all there time cleaning everything. I have one and he does a great job keeping the rock picked clean, not to mention he cleans my fish too.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if I add a cleaner shrimp, will there be competition between my other cleaners and battles will ensue?

·
Registered
7,938 Posts
I do not think that snails have a real significant effect on bioload. Have you considered a few nassarius snails...they are bottom dwellers that do a nice job of keeping your substrate clean. :)

·
Registered
851 Posts
Evil McToast said:
if I add a cleaner shrimp, will there be competition between my other cleaners and battles will ensue?
mine gets along perfectly with everyone in the tank. I have about 75 nassaurius (sp) snails, 5 or so hermits (the ones i havent caught and returned yet) two emerald crabs, a pepermint shrimp, three sexy shrimp, and a blood cleaner shrimp. If you cant tell, i like inverts :) These all live happily in my 46 bow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts