The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my yellow banded shrimp is officialy MIA (missing in action). What are some good shrimp that are reef safe and that I can have moer then 1 ? Pepermint ?

-Paul

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
I have one cleaner shrimp and three peppermint shrimp and they get along just fine!:)

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
I have my four--1-cleaner and 3-peppermint shrimp in an 80 gallon so I think that is plenty! You could get 1 cleaner and 2 peppermint! JMO :)

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
My peppermint have not touched my polyps at this point but they do love aiptasia anenomes! Yeah baby!!:D

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like I will be getting 3 shrimp...dont know yet it I want 2 cleaners and 1 pepermint or 1 cleaner and 2 pepermints...

-Paul

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
I would go with the 2 cleaners and 1 peppermint!;) I target feed my shrimp so hopefully they won't bother my polyps!:)

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well right now all I have in my tank are 1 pink tip anenome and a white one. So right now I have nothing to realy worry about...

-Paul

·
Registered
565 Posts
Prismaco,

I have three cleaner shrimp and a few pepermint. In my opinion go with only 1 cleaner shrimp and two pepermints. My cleaners have become predatory and hunt down anything small like copepods and one even ate one of my rock lobster that cohabitate with my christmas tree worm rock. Snatched him right out of his hole in the rock and ate him whole right in front of me. I was in shock and horror then I got mad. We almost had shrimp on the barbie that day. The pepermint shrimp are for the most part the calmest shrimp. One word of caution make sure you get true pepermint shrimp. Some pet stores and online vendors sell camelback shrimp as pepermints and you definitely don't want them in your tank.

Earl

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
paul.. remember dont get them till july. you are letting the tank ride the month of june.. remember ? :D

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I know... :D but I wanted some cleaner shrimp just because my yellow banded one went to <>< heaven...aldo I am getting some algea on the sand bed....

-Paul

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
hey paul it's cool. it's your story, you can tell it however you want :D :funny:

just ribbin ya bud ;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Prismaco said:
I know... :D but I wanted some cleaner shrimp just because my yellow banded one went to <>< heaven...aldo I am getting some algea on the sand bed....
-Paul
Hey Paul: I'll be happy to give you the latest sensation in reef cleaners - the Scarlet Peppermint Hermit Shrimp (see http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19077) as soon as the first litter shows up. :D

K.M.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
put me down for two when they are ready :funny:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts