The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my cleaner shrimp has a belly full of eggs. I have been reading other posts and learning about how they make great fish food for everyone! I was also noticing that he/she seems to be taking his/her own arms and fishing around in there for a meal for her/himself! Has anyone else ever noticed that? WIll my Mandarin Goby enjoy the eggs as well? ANd one more thing, I have an aptasia situation and I would like to get a peppermint shrimp as well. Is that a no-no in a 24 gallon nano?

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Peppermints are hit and miss. The biggest problem with them is they are lazy once they find a cave they are happy with. I put in at least one per 6+" rock in any display I have set up with aptasia. The aptasia have never lasted more than a week. After a month I catch as many as I can out of the tank and move them on to their next job. I think any of the old salts will have some formula like this.
Peppermints and cleaners aren't friends, but I haven't seen them fight to the death :)

·
Registered
597 Posts
your mandarin will starve in your tank, it is too small to support enough live pods... unless its eating enriched mysis which is really hard to do.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I already placed my mandarin in a new home! Man those babies are hard to keep. I think they are best left in the ocean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts