The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
A Little Fishy
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard conflicting stories about keeping a cleaner shrimp with angels. I have a Coral Beauty and a Royal Gramma in my 55g reef which has settled down quite nicely since we moved in February.:) I would like to add a cleaner shrimp and maybe some Peppermints but am not sure if they would end up being lunch for the CB. Many of the books I read say it should be fine but I also read posts on sites like this one that say otherwise.:( Can anybody out there sway me one way or the other?:confused:

G

·
i have a cb and a cleaner, they get along great, i also have a pistol, 3 peperment a blood and a cbs theres no problem keeping them with cb

·
A Little Fishy
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks mnreefman. By cbs you mean coral banded shrimp? If so, I thought they don't play nice with other shrimp. I had a coral banded for a couple of years but was afraid to add any other type of shrimp. I know two bandeds are not a good idea.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I would steer clear of the coral banded. Some are fine, but the majority have a bad disposition. I had one in my tank that would attack my Sargassum Trigger and other inhabitants.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I have a coral banded (that is 3 years old- so he has really nice pinchers), 3 peppermints and a cleaner all living happily in my 65. There is a flame angel in there also - and the cleaner and he get along great - in fact I think the angel enjoys getting "picked" over once in a while from the cleaner.

·
A Little Fishy
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for the input.
Sounds like the cleaner at the lfs is going to have a new home... and maybe some new friends.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
i THINK that when they refer to angels and shrimp, they are referring to "full" angels.

CB's are dwarf angels.

i have a CB and a peppermint in the same tank, and it has never once bothered the pep.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I agree with Jay, they are most likely referring to non-dwarf angels. I have a potters angel, flame angel, two cleaner shrimp and one coral banded shrimp in my 60g reef and they all get along.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.