The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well tonight I was looking into my tank to see when my cleaner shrimp would spawn. I saw it fanning its eggs so it got me thinking that they would spawn. Soon enough there were tiny little shrimp larvae all over my tank. I tried catching some and I put them in a in-tank breeder box. I have no idea on how to raise these guys but Im sure I will keep trying. Pictures in the morning if there are any left in the breeder box.

·
The camaro loving reefer
3,809 Posts
have fun, im not to sure on how to raise them also.

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
How neat to see! Mine used to spawn but the larvae quickly became fish food for the tank's finny residents.

I have no idea how to raise them but you'd better get them separated quickly or they'll be gone, if not already.

Dick:)

·
Novel Responder
4,371 Posts
I think it was rayjay who has knowledge on raising them, but coculd be wrong. I have had them spawn a few times and they were always gone within a few days...very happy radiant wrasse.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I discovered today that one of my two cleaner shrimp is carrying eggs. I currently have no fish in this tank - just the shrimp, crabs, serpent star, and corals. Is there any chance the little ones will survive if I feed them properly, with no fish to eat them up? If so, what would be the best food?

·
Little Monster
838 Posts
I discovered today that one of my two cleaner shrimp is carrying eggs. I currently have no fish in this tank - just the shrimp, crabs, serpent star, and corals. Is there any chance the little ones will survive if I feed them properly, with no fish to eat them up? If so, what would be the best food?
:) good luck :thumbup:

·
Registered
857 Posts
yeah i have one full of eggs at the mo dont plan on trying to raise them though just know my fishes will have a good feed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts