The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This character likes to jump on my hand and clean it properly and does a great job!:)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One more where the shrimp goes right up into the palm of my hand and takes care of a wound I have!:)

Attachments

·
Registered
565 Posts
They are great until they don't have parasites to eat and become predators of opportunity. I have three and they are carinvores as they have eaten one of my three mini rock lobsters on my christmas tree rock, devastated my pod population, and have even been seen eating a bristle worm or two. I am not fully convinced that they have not eaten a pepermint shrimp or two.

I do think that they are really cool and are definitely afraid of NOTHING as mine fight over who gets to jump on my hand everyone needs to be mindful that they are opportunistic.

Just my .02 worth.

Earl

·
Registered
658 Posts
My cleaner also ate my peppermint... it just disappeared one day, and I haven't seen it since... the only other thing that might have eaten it was my Fire shrimp, but I think it's much too paranoid to even move out from under his rock.
Cleaners are a cool shrimp though... mine also tries to clean my hand 'every' time I put it in the tank... which can be a real pain when I'm actually trying to do something constructive. :D

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey casey don't ya go to chat? Lots of us in there!:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts