The Reef Tank banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 38 gal FOWLR I have 40lbs of LR with a deep 4-8 various depth sand bed... I have 1 percula, 1 bi color phudocromis (sp?), 1 green chromis (sp?), 1 Condylacius Anemone (saved from a nasty tank) and one bi colored fish that I saved from the pet store (he has one eye.... our little UNO!!)... I need some advise on what I should buy as a clean up crew for this tank.... I plan in the future to run atleast a 10 gal sump but maybe up to a 20 gal sump? I also have a 75 that has a crushed coral bed and 1 damsel but nothing else (have a 29gal sump that I am getting ready for it... I also have a 55 gal coming on Sat that I am prob going to make a sand bed also... would like advise on all three on how much of what I should put in with these tanks

·
Registered
852 Posts
My favourites clean-up crew:

Shrimps- scavangers plus easy to feed (cool too)

nassarius snails - eat left-over food and turn over the sandbed

cerith snails - eat that yucky film algae that grows along the sand bed. Also clean glass, rocks, turn over the sandbed and 'may' eat detritus.

Astrea snails - clean glass, rocks and eat hair algae

If you have enough surface area (larger tank) a cucumber or conch will keep your sandbed clean.

I always start with just a few of each when the tank starts to look like it can feed the crew, then I add more if I need them.

HTH

1 - 2 of 2 Posts