The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are convinced that our Clarkii is really just a yellow lab in a fish's body. It just runs around the tank with that "Hey look at me I'm a big dumb dog" attitude. Last Thursday we were having a problem with one of our cleaner shrimp. It was just laying on the bottom of the tank; it would flap it's legs every so often, so it wasn't dead. We had company over and couldn't do anything about it right away. Well, I came back an hour later and all I could see is 4 antennae sticking out of our BTA and the Clarkii sitting there with a "Who Me?" :read: look.

Then last night we are eating dinner when we notice some activity in the tank. It appears that our Clarkii decided that it would be fun to play with our new monitpora frag. It picked it up and ran from one end of the tank to the other, luckily missing the BTA by 1/2". He looked like a dog carrying a big bone and running from his owner :) .

Not to mention that I have been startled half to death more than once by his yellow blur hitting my fingers while arranging rock in the tank. :eek:

I have no real point to this story, other than to share and to be amazed at how such little animals can have such personality and be both entertaining and infuriating at the same time. :fish:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You know, after posting I had a thought. Over the last few months, we have seemed to have some mysterious disappearances of emerald crabs. We had about 8 (we had a BAD bubble algae problem) and after a while could only find one or two. We only found two bodies/shells. Could our Clarkii have been feeding his BTA our crabs? If not, then I guess it will remain a mystery.

·
Registered
160 Posts
yikes, inbred labs?

All the ones I've had are way too smart, I had to put locks on my pantry, because he kept opening the door to get food out.

He's also smart enough to hide really good when he knows he'll get in trouble for something.

Poop on the floor? Hides in the garage under the car.

Eat kids sandwich? Hide outside untill the heat blows over.

wants to sleep in bed? Waits till I fall asleep then he creeps in to not wake me up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.