The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
No Pinch!
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I bought a little clam and I know I should have done this first, but he was really pretty and a great size for my nano tank, so I got him.

Does anyone have any helpful info for me on this clam and/or links?

I really appreciate the help.

I read that they like to be on rockwork and was told they are fine in the sand, thoughts?

feeding schedule?

High flow or low?

Light?

Thanks again guys
Linn

·
No Pinch!
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Pelagic.

I just re-read my thread title and thought: " crab people crab people crab people"
LOL.

No pinch

·
Registered
445 Posts
It is a crocea and if it is under 3" it will need feeding like DT's or similar. They are IMO easy clams to keep. It is easier to keep them on the sand because if they dont like the rock they throw themselves off. It is really pretty good find!! Carrie

·
No Pinch!
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SSweet1 said:
It is a crocea and if it is under 3" it will need feeding like DT's or similar. They are IMO easy clams to keep. It is easier to keep them on the sand because if they dont like the rock they throw themselves off. It is really pretty good find!! Carrie
How often does he need feed? Do I target feed with the baster hehe?

I bought some frozen stuff for him....starts with a c i think. Im way to lazy to walk to the freezer to look... lol

·
Registered
445 Posts
You need to have a liquid phyto type of food and the turkey baster is ok but dont try to squirt it in the clam you'll kill it. Just squirt it around the clam. It is best if you can do the bowl feeding method where you put the clam in a bowl with the food and tank water and let it soak it up. This is only necessary for a small clam. If yours is over 3" it really isnt neeeded.

·
No Pinch!
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I still cant find anywhere that says how often I shoud feed him.

thanks for the help guys, I think I am going to try the bowl feeding tonight.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Once a day or every other day for 30 minutes in the bowl, try and float a tupperware bowl in the tank so it stays the correct temp just be careful that it is not too near the lights. Also try not to lift the clam out into the air, if you do turn it over under the water to make sure you get any air bubbles out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts