The Reef Tank banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow those are awsome. I wish i would have bought some on sunday. Then again I do not know how to care for them.

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts
Then again I do not know how to care for them.<!-- / message -->
VERY high lighting, moderate to strong flow, and a bit of phyto now and then..

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts
Bill, I need to take another picture so that you can see how much more of the rock, the Porrite has covered. See the hole where the crab is? It's totally covered over and the crab has relocated to the top.

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts
.......we're waiting..........
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
can't right now, I have to start a WC because I'm leaving tommorow.

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Our petco had a few but they were in shabby lighting and I wanted to research first. None of the established tanks had mh so I decided to wait. I hope the new tank will be ready for corals in about 6 months. I pulled rock from my other three three tanks and some came with it. I will be getting some more lr next week.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The christmas tree worms for sale in my neck of the woods are about $65 for a piece that looks about 1-2 pounds if it was live rock. Looks as if there are only ten or so inhabitants. They must hide. Does anyone know where I could get some cheap(not quality) light fixtures.

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Petco was selling them for 22.99. About the size of a softball. I wish they would upgrade their lighting if going to keep corals like that.

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts
I just love em! I could do a whole tank full! Wouldn't that look cool???:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts