The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well due to wife medical complications i cant do the 30 i planed on but im doing a 10 for now
im going to do a bare bottom sps reef:)
things i allready have
10 gallon tank 20"x12"x10" lxhxw
5 lbs live rock from my tank
maxi jet 1200 ( do i need a bigger power head for sps?)
wood for the stand and canopy
things i need
(1) 175w single end metal halide (i didnt get hqi because i dont want to have to have a glass sheild in front of it)
another 10g or a 15g tank for sump (still need for ato tank)
2 18" 460nm t5 retrofits
glass drill bit(not needed any more)
5 lbs of lr from lfs
sheet of 12"x5x1/3" acrylic for the custom overflow(not needed any more)
return pump(not needed any more)
well i have to say it's on :ac15:
any advice is welcome

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im going to have 1 4" fan on either side of the canopy and on 4" in the back but if thats not enough im going to get a nano chiller

·
Retired Wanderer
17,235 Posts
Good luck!:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thamks every body
does any bodt know if a maxi jet 1200 will be enough flow for sps or do i need a bigger powerhead

·
196 Posts
Nice..BTW, 2 fans is plenty enough. I have a 250, 1x39 and 2x24 t5's with only using to 120mm fans. You want them to both push air in, and then have vent holes out. This will be far more effecient then having opposing fans.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok im thinking about leaveing the back of the canopy open and have 2 fans pussing in​

i cant seem to upload pics ill post some when it lets me​

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i got catalinaaquarium.com to put a kit together for me for 95$ but if you dont want to spend that you could get the nova extreme t5 retro fit

·
Underwater Coral Farmer
4,434 Posts
i got catalinaaquarium.com to put a kit together for me for 95$ but if you dont want to spend that you could get the nova extreme t5 retro fit
I have thought about the nova before, but w/o individual reflectors its not as cool. How many bulbs are you getting from catalina for 100? I didnt see and 18" listed on the site, was it custom?

1 - 20 of 83 Posts