The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys ... need u guys expertise. I'm new in this hobby .. my tank is only 4 months olds. Since i'm staying in Malaysia the temp is quite y high .. can reach 29 - 31c. At the moment I'm using cooling fan but does'nt seem be working very well. I'm thinking of buying chiller ... so can anyone tell me what is the best chiller around for my 60 gallon tank which is resonable in price and good quality. I need the chiller to run all day long each day. Thanx:)

·
Registered
168 Posts
One thing it really depends on is where you will be keeping it. Some chillers (the cheaper ones) tend to be a little loud. If you have it somewhere that you won't hear it then you can go with one of the cheaper ones . The chillers that are really quiet tend to cost over $600 for a 1/4hp (at least).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx ...$600 wow very expensive. Do u know what brand is that?. I need the one that quiet :)

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
i cant offhand remember the brand, or link.. but i jsut saw one on ebay tonight that wil lfit your tank, for 200 bucks. hope that helps.

and welcome to trt!!!!!!!! :dance:

·
Registered
585 Posts
be very careful buying on e-bay. I know several people who have done the e-bay thing and got burned. Does anyone remember the PFO circus last year...someone was selling PFO lighting very very cheap? Well, they never got product or a refund.

Just be careful!!!

·
Premium Member
34,435 Posts
Welcome to TRT!!!

make sure you figure out how many degrees you want to lower the temp. the smaller the chiller the longer it may need to stay on to keep the temp down. with a 60 you should be safe with most any size though. most manufacturers have charts showing the temp pull downs per aquarium size. make sure you are within those ranges.

G~

1 - 7 of 7 Posts